Who We Are
Faith Baptist Church is a nurturing family of caring believers trying to follow Christ as we do life together.
We have a rich heritage that serves as a strong foundation, but are always looking for new ways to be the body of Christ. At Faith, we take the moniker “family of faith” seriously. Our members build lifelong relationships centered on love, care, and respect. We stick together through the highs and lows. As with any family, sometimes we disagree, but as a Baptist church, we understand that each believer is free to read and interpret the scriptures for ourselves, guided by the Holy Spirit. This diversity of thought only enriches our pursuit of God, and ultimately that pursuit is what matters. We desire a meaningful relationship with the divine that impacts how we live our lives. This inspires our robust service both locally and internationally and causes us to constantly ask how our lives might better reflect the will of God for the world.
Our Core Practices
- Communal Worship: We are committed to pursue spiritual growth through vital, active participation in communal worship opportunities.
- Study: We are committed to pursue spiritual growth through vital, active participation in education opportunities and communal study.
- Shared Life: We are committed to pursue spiritual growth through vital, active sharing with others the difficulties and achievements encountered in seeking to live a disciplined life in the love of Christ.
- Stewardship: We are committed to pursue spiritual growth through the thoughtful use of all income and possessions for the support of God’s kingdom, including some form of systematic and perhaps sacrificial giving to support our church.
- Personal Devotion: We are committed to pursue spiritual growth through some personally meaningful daily experience of communion with God.
- Service: We are committed to pursue spiritual growth through making some portion of personal time available in compassionate reaching out to serve and love others in our church, our daily life, and our community.